In instances where the damaged drain needs an isolated repair, the best possible solution will be to carry out a patch repair on the affected drain connection or joint and restore the structural integrity of drainage pipes without the need for disruptive excavation work.
Patch lining is a localised repair to a section of pipe (hole or small crack) and are commonly installed in 1 metre long lengths.
The process involves wrapping fibreglass matting soaked in a silicate resin around a packer , which is inserted into the drain/sewer and within a few hours is fully cured.
Patch lining is an efficient and cost effective method of repairing cracked or leaking pipes and has a long term drainage solution with a life expectancy of in excess of 50 years.
It is ideal when a pipe is only damaged in one or two areas where full re-lining is not needed.
This type of repair has good structural capabilities as well as high chemical and heat resistant qualities, and gives the drain a new and smooth internal bore that will prevent any further root infestation or water loss.
Jet Aire have extensive experience of carrying out patch repairs on commercial properties and we use patch repair techniques that offer long term pipe repair and are tested to the highest quality standards.
Our patch repair process is simple:
1. We will carry out a CCTV survey and measure the section to be repaired
2. Using CCTV cameras we position the patch lining packer to ensure the patch is in the correct location and inflate the packer
3. The fibreglass mat and resin will penetrate into any defective gaps, cracks or fractures and creating a permanent fix
4. We remove the packer after the resin has cured and it will leave a patch that covers the surface of the repaired drain section without obstructing water flow
5. Finally we will perform a CCTV survey to record and document the repaired pipe section